Friday, August 19, 2011

Mon peu défraîchi français tabouret


I went to the shop to deliver some goods and there sitting out in the sun all by itself was this stool and the selling price was only 2.00, even I can afford that! Wow what a deal.  So I took it home and glued it back together and set to work on a design.  I decided to undercoat it in a flat black so I could take more time to deliberate and come up with a plan.  After the paint dried I knew that I wanted to paint it a shabby white and use a post mark design, I really like the Parisian influence on art world!  I had seen a project online (wish I could remember another thing I need to work on along with the before and after pictures!) and came up with a design that fit perfectly on the top of the stool.  I used a brush to sponge on the 2 circles and then stenciled the words and date.  After everything was dried I painted on a black-brown glaze and then sealed the stool with a poly-coat.  I love how it came out and sure hope to do more with the post mark design so keep watch I promise not to disappoint!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, for 2 bucks and a little creativity... and you have something that is functional and charming. Love the postage stamp motif.

    Thanks for linking up to my Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party. I hope to see you next week too ;)

    xoxo Bunnny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. OmiGOSH, this is just WONDERFUL!! I have several stools I'd like to up-do...thank you for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stool...the postmark is just perfect - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's wonderful! And, very inspiring. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I love this stool too. I can't stop reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete