Friday, August 19, 2011

Vintage Shutters

I love shutters especially the old and worn ones that graced the front of old farm houses.  I had great fortune to receive some last summer from a friend.  She said the were going on the burn pile and thought that she would give me a chance to salvage them.  When I used to sell at our local flea market everyone knew me as the "salvage artist" or the "queen of junque" so they would bring me all their unwanteds and I would take them home and wait for inspiration and make whatever into something new and interesting. So here are they are all painted and grunged.  I thought one white and one aqua would be fun.  The look great just leaning up against a wall, they have such character.  I always prefer to decorate with vintage, how about you? I would love to hear what your favorite look is!

1 comment:

  1. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your Shutters you did a great job on them sweet lady. I also have some in my garage, maybe I need to paint them!!! Thanks so much for becoming my newest follower on my Tablescapes so sweet of you. I hope you are having a great weekend with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete