Friday, September 23, 2011

Blue Heaven

I love blue and robins' egg blue is a real beauty in my opinion.  I found just the perfect shade at the Walmart last week and just had to find something to paint.  I had plans for a while to paint a small cupboard in blue with some birds so I was ready to go.  I painted the cupboard blue, glazed it with a dark brown, and put a coat of poly coat on the top.  I found the cool bird stencils at Hobby Lobby that I used on the sides.


I loved the way the blue turned out on the cupboard so back to the stash to find a table.  I had this sturdy little number I picked up at GoodWill for 5.00 and thought what do I have to loose give it a go something different.  I painted the word "Amore" all over the top to look like subway art.  I guess it came out alright like the color a lot.




7 comments:

  1. The cabinet and the little table you did are both just precious and artistic!

    I'm delighted you linked to Potpourri Friday! I appreciate you and hope you will make this a weekly stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much HONEY! I feel honored to be a part of Potpourri Friday!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both the cabinet and the little stool! You did a great job with the stencil on the cabinet. Did you free hand all the words on the little stool? If so, that must have taken quite a bit of patience. Great job on both pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all... that is a great color, and I LOVE how you painted both of those pieces!

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! Would LOVE it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/09/turquoise-lovin-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am amazed at the difference your talent made on these. Beautiful work! I am a new follower from Blue Cricket Design. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just featured this amazing project today! Come grab a button

    Kim

    http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/2011/10/good-morning-sunshine.html

    ReplyDelete