Saturday, July 30, 2011

Take a Number Please!




Oh how I love summer, the flea markets, the garage sales, the freebies on the side of the road....it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it! Many people spend countless hours in the office of a therapist trying to find peace and contentment. I say give me a bargain and all is well in my corner of the world. I know I seem simple, but I grew up when you made-do, re-used, or did without so this is my true comfort zone.








On one of my therapy sessions I came across this cupboard that was in need of a do-over. Do overs are my expertise and so I knew we would hit it off right away. First I gave it a coat of satin black and sanded the edges. It looked alright but only okay and I usually don't settle for just okay. I thought what about a nice shade of taupe with black numbers that would do, yes that is the look I am going for. So out came the brushes and paint. It was a new day for my 80's cupboard it could fit into about any decor shabby, prim, or retro.












































No comments:

Post a Comment