Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Pieces Parts




I made another treasure box last week.  I found some things in my stash that were just sitting there begging to be used.  When it is time for something in my treasure trove to be used it is as if that is all I can think about, getting them putting them together and painting them up.  I used some graphics from The Graphics Fairy and applied them to the painted pieces using the wax paper method.  I printed the image on wax paper and then placed it on the box ink side down and rubbed it gently with a rubber spatula until it was set.  I coated the images with polyethylene, sanded it lightly to remove some paint and then glazed it.  The knob was on the door when I got it and so ornate that I left it but added a handle to the front to open the box with. This treasure box will make a great place to store sewing stuff or magazines.  I took it to the shop today, hope it finds the person it was destined to be with.

9 comments:

  1. I love your box. It reminds me of a food dehydrator my Mom built when I was a little one. I also love what you did with the graphics. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! Perfect to use up all those bits and pieces!
    Donna G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing about the wax paper method. I'll have to try it. Awesome project! ;0)
    Smiles...Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW, this is completely gorgeous! I saw the pic on The Graphics Fairy and had to click the button!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your piece on the Graphics Fairy. Fantastic and creative project! Now, I need to find some scrap pieces of wood or wood furniture.

    I never heard of the wax paper technique. I will have to try that. Because of Karen, we all learn so much from each other.

    http://cinnamonpink.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your table! I have transferred writing to my furniture but with graphite paper which is messy. How did you learn the wax paper method?

    ♥charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great reuse of your bits and pieces! And I like the addition of the graphics, too. It really is the crowning touch to the piece. ;)

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. Hope to see you each week. Be sure to come by tonight, and see yourself featured.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unbelievable creation! That's so wonderful. I pinned it for the world to see. . . I'm following.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all the wonderful comments! I almost have another transfer piece completed to post. I will give a more exstensive explination on that post so please watch for it. It is a child's chair I painted and put a great Paris graphic on the seat. I have learned so much by trial and error but the most important is to never give up! Transfers can be tricky but are well worth it.

    ReplyDelete