Thursday, February 9, 2012

When Life Gives You Junk........

If you have ever heard the saying "When life gives you lemons make lemon aid" when times get rough.  Another is the glass half full or half empty? Well I apply that to most everything in my life when possible but especially when it comes to found objects.  I always say, "When life gives you junk, make something beautiful out of it and drink up because the glass is over flowing!"    I went to one of my favorite stores to look for something different to work on.  I found two handmade totes for 3.00.  One had a handle to top and the other didn't, perfect!   I could see them stacked and separated by some spindles I had in a box at home. Needless to say I hurried home and got to work.  I decided that the tote was missing something and added a stool for a base.  I an not a wood worker as you well know from viewing my postings but I do love to put things together and slap a coat of paint on it and it doesn't hurt anyone so what the heck. I figure this tote will come in real handy for someone to put magazines, mail, or handwork in.  If this piece had cheeks I would be pinching them right now I think it is so dear...okay overboard but I am passionate about what I do.....


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! My home is overflowing with things that need don. Just need Mother Nature to warm it up enough to take it outside to work on! lol

    ReplyDelete