Thursday, February 9, 2012

Drop your Drawers Here

February is turning out to be a wonderful month, we are having a very mild winter here in Michigan and I love it.  It makes it nice for treasure hunting too.  On one of my last trips I came across four old drawers and a discarded bench. 
I saw the drawers and just had to have them.  The price was right ...free... my favorite!   I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them.  You see I am the kind of person or quasi-artist that creates as I go along, whatever the catch of the day becomes my medium.  It took me a little longer to put the piece together but take a look and see what you think, it came out just as I envisioned it would.


I used an old door panel for the lid and had to replace the drawer handles because one was missing. I added side and top handles too.  I painted it winter white and used a new method of staining it which I must say worked super and saved me some time.   Funny thing when I went back to the place where I got the drawers I found one more, being that this project was already completed how could I resist the remaining drawer, not possible.  So I am sure in the near future the fifth drawer will  surface and become a creation.

4 comments:

  1. Very creative! I'm not sure I could have figured out how to stick all the components together!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  2. TOTALLY LOVE THIS IDEA! And your bird design-AM-azing! The whole recycling component is just an added bonus. I'm just inspired :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so creative! I just found out you are from MI, I am in SE MI. I am amazed at your skills to put together pieces so nicely even though you are not trained as a carpenter etc. May I ask what tools you use? I would love to try some time, I am afraid of making mistakes but I have to let go and just give it a go! I worked in Engineering for a long time, yet I haven't used tools and I feel a bit intimidated till someone shows me how to use them...then I am not afraid to use them :) Hope you will share some tips with your fellow Michigander!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It totally LOVE this idea and all the ideas you have on here.

    Iris♥

    The Blue Birdhouse

    ReplyDelete