Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Paris Table and Sewing Chair

Two of the projects I worked on last week were some I rescued from 2 different sales I went to.  The shabby avocado table came from an auction.  It was hand made and needed love. I paid 2.00 for it and was happy as a lark to get it.  I had to scrap all the paint off which I normally don't do I usually use bonding primer. The paint on this desk was peeling and I didn't want to take a chance that it would scab up (ewww ugly word usage) and bite me later so I scrapped and I think I even burned up a few calories in the process which is always a plus for me! lol



 The sweet little chair was purchased at a yard sale for 50 cents.  The seat lifts up to store sewing notions.  It is a darling little size and I passed it up...imagine that me passing on a 50 cent item who can figure. But when I went back to the sale it looked so forlorn just sitting there that I took pity on it and brought it home to make over. Second chances are a blessing.




I think they go together like peas and carrots!

1 comment: