Tuesday, January 28, 2014

French Country

I have been working very hard lately, and loving every minute of it.  I found a wonderful dresser with wooden handles that probably was out of the sixties.  I decided to paint it blue and white and paint a French Country design on the top. I love the shabby way it looks and it is such a solid piece that it will make someone a great dresser or catch all.
 
 



I went to one of my favorite thrift stores and found this fifties night stand.  It didn't have a price on it so I had to ask..."Is it for sale?"  The clerk laughed and said everyone asks, we just use it to store Cd's in it.  She related how tired she was of saying NOT FOR SALE and that I was the lucky one that she would sell it to.  Persistence pays off sometimes I happily packed it in my car and took it home to my workshop. I decided to paint it grey and paint the drawer with a lace design.
 
 


This is the first time I did a really distressed top. It really was an accident the first attempt I rushed the painting and smeared the added design so I started to sand it off to start again and then it hit me.  The design was basically in tact so I went with the white primer coat peaking through the grey and just re-painted the design over again. I was very pleased and probably could never do it again if I tried! All in all it was worth the wait to buy the stand and then to stick with it until I got the results I was satisfied with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment