Thursday, December 8, 2011

Picture This

I got this ladder the other day for free, that's right free it doesn't get any better than that. I loved the sized it probably went to a set of bunk beds originally.  I had seen a similar version on Pinterest a while back and thought this ladder would be perfect to make a photo ladder.   I primed it and painted it a silky gray color and top coated it with water based poly.  I found the 3 frames brand new at a thrifty store and painted them with some spray paint.  I put some eyelet screw on the top of each frame and tied them with jute to the ladder. I was so lucky that the rungs where close enough together that the bottom of the frame had support, I never even gave it a thought when I bought them to complete this project, one lucky girl!  I will put this in the store for sale so I needed to finish it off with some eye catching graphics. Of course I went to "The Graphics Fairy" and found the key, crown, and bird.  I sized them and printed them out on a sheet of lettered paper I had printed out in advance.  The frames would look nice with pictures of the family in them too so it will be totally up to the new owner to decide.  I love unusual ways to decorate and I think this ladder is nice because it can go anywhere and doesn't have to be attached to a wall.   Thanks for stopping by check back again I will have more upcyled projects for you to look over. 

5 comments:

  1. Very cute! You certainly can't beat a free!!
    Blessings,
    Carrie
    www.saving4six.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait until I can do something with a ladder... my Ella would just climb her little self right on that and fall... ahhh the joys of motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great idea! That looks like the perfect size ladder, not too big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forget to link up to win the Eureka Vacuum and Kindle Fire at "The Sits Girls!!" I am grateful to be a fellow crafter in Creating Christmas, just thought you might like a chance to win big for being oh so fabulous. :) http://www.thesitsgirls.com/featured-blogger/good-clean-fun-vacuum-kindle-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I love your ladder. It really is adorable and lends itself to lots of alternatives in the way of artwork. Thanks for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete