Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Rest of the Story

Well here are the rest of the things I got finished this week.  I had a lot of fun making each one. I have the best second job in the world I get to treasure hunt for things to use in my work and then on Monday go down to my treasure trove and pick out something wicked cool to paint.  Below are picture of the things that made the cut this week.(I also did the magic carpet table, the small step back cabinet, and the blue curio cabinet, this is just the rest of the story!)




This is a wicker table I was given that was falling apart. I repaired it and painted it with my own special color.  The chair was also given to me and I painted it Dove Gray and stenciled the number on it. 



This is a painted birdcage mounted on an old post I had and 2 painted picnic baskets.



The top picture is a really well made milking stool I painted gloss black.  The second picture is of a handmade wooden bowl I mounted on a pedestal and painted a metal lid glossy black for its topper.  The door knob pieces are wall ornaments that you can hang cool stuff from the knobs.  The birdhouse I just gave a face lift with a fresh coat of paint.
Here is an old high chair I painted Dove gray and scuffed up the edges to give it an aged look. Basic and simple but it would be lovely in the corner with some flowers sitting in it.  I had a good week, I worked hard and am resting up for another Monday doing what I love.  Hope you are having a great day and check back often for more painted pleasures.

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by to say hi and see what you are up to...making things pretty I see! Stenciling the chair was a great idea, and such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, hope you stop by again and see what the things I finished this week. Blessings!

      Delete