Saturday, January 28, 2012

Key Purpose

Keys are very much  in fashion whether it be jewelry or wall art they are everywhere. I found a large key at the flea market last summer and have been hanging on to it for just the right project.  I bought a frame at the thrift store some time ago and thought it was time to get the two together.  The problem was I forgot where I stashed the key.  It did not detour me in the least, paint it and it will come or surface in my case.  I painting the frame a dark brown over the original color and then started to paint blue and white over that while each coat was still a bit wet.  I like the smudgy look and yes that is a word !
I used some script paper and a vintage image I got out of my files for embellishments. As I figured all along by the time the frame was done I found the key in my night stand, its all good!  All I wonder now is what did that big old key open............

4 comments:

  1. I love this! I would love if you would link this to my blog party this weekend. Hope you can join in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comments and feel free to link away I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you used script and photos with the 3d key as the subject! Clever and attractive. :)
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete