Thursday, March 22, 2012

Gift Box Remake

Every year at Christmas time people give gifts that come in wooden boxes.  Sometimes they are filled with fancy teas or coffees.  I found a discarded wooden gift box for 2.99 at GW one day with a drawer and everything! I painted it off white and grunged it up with some dark brown glaze. 

I added some graphics that I found on The Graphics Fairy.  I used Citra Solv to transfer them onto the drawer.  I think the blue knob sets off the whole piece nicely.   Christmas is 9 months away and I can't wait that long for more boxes so I guess in the mean while I will watch at garage sales for some more cast aways that held holiday treasure!

2 comments:

  1. Like your box. Isn't it fun to do this type of makeover? I do these too. Come over and see my latest ones.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looks great! Don't you just love recycling things!

    ReplyDelete