Friday, June 8, 2012

Red White and Blue

I always make an arrangement for the waiting room at my work and usually try to make is seasonal. I love using things from my stash to make unique decorations.  I had this old crate and a set of 2 wheels that was enough to get me going. Next I found the red legs that really used to hold a shelf, I only got the braces to the shelf but I knew they were useful so it was all good and here I was able to prove my theory correct.  I just had to cut a little piece to make a bar handle and I nailed that on. I think it is cute enough to be on the cover of Country Sampler!







 Here is an old box I painted and stenciled on the word "needfuls" and a wood wagon I bought for 2 bucks and painted patriotic. I am in my fourth of July mode now, patriotic never goes out of style as far as I am concerned!




I went to a yard sale a couple of weeks ago and found this great vintage Coleman cooler. I thought it was really cool and would be great to put my groceries in this summer until I get home from the store. It gets so hot in my car now that my AC is out!!!!!

I primed and painted it and gave it 2 coats of top coatI really like it, the best part is that it is vintage! I left the little Coleman tag on the top just for fun.




2 comments:

  1. WoW! I love all the Americana! I really love that cooler! Thank you for linking this up to Rustic Restorations Weekend Too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cooler too so much that I am going to keep it for myself something I rarely do! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete