Saturday, July 14, 2012

ABC Table

It is so good to be back to work. I took some time off because my youngest son graduated this year from High School and of course then comes the open house. It went well and we had a lot of fun seeing family and friends.  Jeffrey as I said is my youngest at the trail end of a total of seven children (6 boys and 1 girl-miracles happen).  It was a major event to see him cross the finish line and graduate, not only for him but for me too. Happy Day all around.

It has been so hot I have had a really hard time working. Temperatures have hit 100 several times and today it is well over 90. Thank the Good Lord Monday I was able to get back to business. I started with a wonderful little children's table and chair set that I had squirreled away in my store room.  I don't have a "before" picture on my work for this week I was so excited to actually handle a paint brush I didn't even give it a thought until I was almost done painting, sorry but at least I am sharing the idea for the design! Yeah!


I knew that I wanted them to be painted blue but that was all I had in mind. It wasn't until the next day that I thought they would look nice with birds, letters, and numbers.  I am pleased with the outcome and think they look so much better this way than the plain old stain that they use to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment