Saturday, July 14, 2012

D-R-E-A-M


I had this wonderful old window frame with raggedy screen and decided this would be the week to doll it up.  I made the dream banner out of a grocery bag, some stencils, and paint.  Then I hot glued them to a piece of twine.  Lucky me the 2 knob were already there, probably used for taking the screen out of the window at the end of the season.  For you young ones there was a day when the window screens were taken out at the end of summer and re-installed in the spring. Can you imagine?  They had to be painted every so often and then stored.  This little cutie has seen a lot of use and I am furthering her life by making her into art. I attached the vintage wire basket with some metal strap and screws and put screw eyes in each side to hold wire so I could hang the old pictures from it.  I love this piece and don't want to sell it but I do this for income so good bye little wonderful window you will be in my dreams for ever! LOL too much? naw



3 comments:

  1. Hi! Just found you thru French Country Cottage, and am your newest follower! I love this window, and all your other projects!! Would love you to visit and say 'hi' ;)
    Susan
    must love junk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! What a great window project! I know how it is to fall in love with something you make, want to keep it and realize no, I do this for a living so must sell it. Oh well, the fun part is that there is always another "new love" waiting in the wings! I found your blog through Faded Charm's White Wednesdays and am now following! Looking forward to reading more fun posts! Feel free to stop by and visit me - pinkcherubmoon.blogspot.com, etsy, and Face Book. Have a great day! Leena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your encouragement! I appreciate it so much. I can't imagine a world without art and treasured finds. Looking forward to visiting you too Miss Pink Cherub!

    ReplyDelete