Saturday, January 28, 2012

Joyful Bird Table

I love birds and thought it was time to paint another table and plaster it with birds. I have done other pieces in the past with birds and they sell right away but that isn't why I totally painted this table with birds it just looked like a table that needed birds. I wanted to use some colors that I hadn't used before and decided on brown with green. I painted the top with an undercoat of brown so the brown shows through on some of the brush strokes.









I found an ornamental pull and painted that green and attached it to the front to add some interest to the piece. I am not sure if you can see it in the picture, the front is wider than the back.   I am still working on my photography skills and didn't think the picture told enough of the story so goes the explanation. Anyways I like the colors and the birds so I am a happy camper today.









2 comments:

  1. sillouetted birds are always a good choice! nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the organic feel of this table. Elaine has a similar idea for her coffee table and it is nice to see what the final product might look like. Thanks for sharing this and it has been featured on our blog.
    http://www.decoratinginsanity.com/2012/02/weekend-features-4.html
    xo...mONICa

    ReplyDelete