Monday, March 19, 2012

Painting Pleasures

I must say it has been a few weeks since I have posted anything. I have been so busy at my day job that I couldn't get my projects finished and that makes for a anxious Cat.  Thank goodness I had a great day painting and enjoying the sun.  Here in Michigan it was 80 degrees today and I got to take my painting outside which is my favorite!  I love how the fresh air dries the paint and how good the breeze feels on my back as I am working. 

I started this project a week ago but just couldn't get it completed.  It was a cabinet from the $5.00 room at the Peddler's Market. 
This is just a nice old kitchen cabinet that the finish was totally gone, just perfect for painting.  I undercoated the cabinet with bonding primer and then decided to paint it multi-colored.
I had seen a design similar to the one I painted on Pinterest.  I love birds and sheet music just seemed to be right.  I found a drawer knob in my stash and it was actually painted black and had a metal Fleur-de-lis on it too, how happy that made me!




I sure felt good to finish this cabinet today.  I had several other pieces that I got done today as well and will be posting them asap! Blessings, its good to visit with you all again!

2 comments: