Sunday, August 12, 2012

Doll Dresser Make Over

 I bought this little dresser that was once used for doll clothing at a flea market last summer.  I used it for storing sewing supplies.  But alas it is time to down size and so I knew it was time to give it a Cat make-over and get it ready to sell.
 I painted it white and then distressed it with a dark brown glze and top coat.  I found a design on The Graphics Fairy and trace it onto the the top. I hand painted this because my experience with Citra Solv hasn't been so good. I thought by the time I try to transfer it and mess up ten times I might as well hand paint it on. It only too me about 20 minutes to paint it and stencil the numbers. I am going to do some more designs that I paint until I find another transfer method that works for me!


1 comment:

  1. What a great transformation! Love dresser makeovers, it's amazing what a little time and paint can do! Hopped over from Brag Monday and I'm happy to be your newest follower. Would love to have you stop by for a visit. Blessings ~ Judy @ www.vintagestreetdesigns.com

    ReplyDelete