Sunday, April 1, 2012

Garden Table


I went to the Re Store in Greenville the other day and found a really nice door for 5.00- most of the things there are out of my price range but this door was just right.  It was probably once part of a bi-fold closet door in some one's bedroom.  I love making garden tables I have made several and the best thing is you start with a discarded door and just keep adding things.  Right off the bat I knew that I would use two other doors and a drawer making my masterpiece.  I put them all together and started painting away very pleased with the progress and yet it still needed something.  All I had to do was look up....hmmm heard that before and it is always the truth.  When in doubt look up! Well this was no exception for hanging on the wall was a chair shelf I had made some time ago.  I love taking old chairs that don't have all their legs and chop them up some more and make them into shelves. You can buy reproduction ones at the fancy decorating stores but nothing beats a vintage farm chair hanging on the wall piled high with delightful treasures. 
This particular chair shelf had been waiting for just the right time to make its debut.  I needed something to complete this project and I knew that this was just what I was looking for. You know how they say Necessity is the Mother of Invention, she is my BFF we are inseparable.  As you can see the chair was a perfect fit.  I did add another drawer on a shelf on the bottom half, you can never have too many places to stash wonderful things.






This is the chair shelf I have hanging in my house.  I thought I would post this picture so you could see another chair shelf I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment