Monday, May 25, 2015

His and Hers Rack, Trunk Table, & Plant Post

 
These are some heavy duty metal plates I found at a sale. I don't know why I bought them, I say that often and then when I get home I am usually glad I did.  I decided to prime them black and they go from there.  I knew I wanted to do a "His & Hers" theme with them so I painted white on top and hand painted His on two and Hers on the other two.  I was going to quit there but something wouldn't let me. So they sat like that for a while until one day.......
 
 

 
 
I got out two cupboard doors out, two bird hooks, and several shabby black knobs.  I put them all together to make a clothing wall rack.   I like the combination of junk together, it looks different and old just like me!
 

 
 
 
I buy old trunks often and this one was just the right size to mount on a table that I had bought at an earlier time.  I hand painted the design on the top and on the front.  The designs came from "The Graphics Fairy" where I find many wonderful free images.  As you can see in the picture I painted the piece off white and sanded and stained it to make it appear old. 
 




This piece is a found post mounted to a wood base.  I put a water faucet on the front so a rusty pail with flowers could be hung from it.   I couldn't resist nailing the number 5 on it to give it a little more flare.
 

It makes a nice piece for a porch or garden.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment